Become an Alliance Predoctoral Scholar
To become a Math Alliance Predoctoral Scholar:
- You must be nominated by an Math Alliance Mentor or
- If you are nominated by an Math Alliance Mentor to attend the Math Alliance Field of Dreams Conference, you will automatically become a Math Alliance Scholar.
Predoctoral Scholars are selected by our Math Alliance Mentors using the following broad criteria:
- The student has the potential to receive a doctoral degree in a mathematical or statistical science.
- The student is willing to consider this degree objective.
- Participation in the Math Alliance will substantially increase the likelihood that the student will enter into and succeed in a doctoral program in the mathematical or statistical sciences.
If you would like to apply to be a Math Alliance Scholar please speak with a Math Alliance Mentor about nominating you! If you don't know if there is a Predoctoral Math Alliance Mentor at your school, please contact us at email@example.com right away and we will introduce you if there is one at your school. If you do not have an Math Alliance mentor at your school we will work with you to recruit one. *
Once you are a Math Alliance Scholar, you will be eligible to apply to all of our Math Alliance Programs.
*If you attend a college or university that serves a high percentage of underrepresented students in the math sciences and do not have a MathAlliance Predoctoral Mentor, please consider talking with a faculty member about becoming a Math Alliance Predoctoral Mentor; they may then nominate you. Please also send their contact information to the Math Alliance Director, David Goldberg, and we will get in touch with them.