CALS Statistical Analyst/Consultant Position Announced at NC State University
North Carolina State University, Posted: November 14, 2022
Working Title: CALS Statistical Analyst/Consultant Posting Number: 00109674
Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000
Review of Candidates will commence Nov 14, 2022
For more information and to apply use the Quick Link: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/172482
The North Carolina State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences seeks an outstanding statistician to develop and provide statistical consulting services within the College and to collaborate to advance statistical analysis capacity institution-wide. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Designing and Implementing Solutions:
- Design, implement, and document technical statistical solutions to serve the statistical needs of faculty, graduate students, and research/extension staff across CALS.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to support research initiatives across the college and institution through study design, monitoring and data collection, analyses, and interpretation of results.
- Collaborate with other staff in the development, implementation, and instruction on statistical software and methodology.
- Provide clients with informed advice on the appropriate use of statistical software packages such as SAS, JMP, SPSS, R, Python, or others for the experiment design and data analyses.
Research New Methods and Advise Management:
- Assist management in designing systems and strategies as the statistical needs of the faculty, staff, and students evolve.
- Monitor advances and provide guidance on statistical software and methodologies that should be adopted by CALS and the institution.
- Advance knowledge of commonly used statistical methods, descriptive and inferential statistics in agriculture and life science research.
- Manage projects that require independent research and implementation. Exercise judgement with latitude on actions and decisions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor consultees, provide leadership in associated tasks to document the analyses, create summaries, present results in written report and verbal forms, write statistical text for study reports and publications, and prepare methods sections and analysis plans for incorporation into abstracts, manuscripts, and grants, in many cases as a co-author or co-PI, where appropriate.
North Carolina State University is the largest university in NC with over 25,000 undergraduate students and 10,000 graduate students and has been listed as the “best large employer in North Carolina”. NC State has historical strengths in agriculture, engineering, and the life sciences. The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) at NC State University serves North Carolina through teaching and mentoring, research, extension and international programs. We train students to become leaders and to meet the needs of our agriculture, food and life science industries. We make discoveries, solve problems, and bring that knowledge to the communities and fields across our state, our nation and our world. We transform challenges into agriculture and life sciences opportunities.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.