The UT Arlington Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship (LSAMP-BD) program aims to recruit, retain, and graduate increased numbers of under-represented minority STEM professionals. LSAMP-BD fellows receive a $30,000 stipend each year for two years as long as the program goals are met. The program provides funding for tuition and fees, student health insurance, research supplies, and travel to professional conferences to present research results.
Beginning Fall 2014, the grant will support a cohort of 12 doctoral students in their first two years in doctoral program at UT Arlington.
LSAMP BD Fellowship Requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Preference will be given to member of underrepresented minority group as defined by the NSF: Hispanic, African-American, Native American, Alaskan Native, or Pacific Islander.
- Be admitted to a UT Arlington in a STEM BS to Ph.D. or Ph.D. program in Fall 2014 or Spring 2015
- Provide evidence of participation in an LSAMP undergraduate program
- Meet the requirements for and be admitted to a UT Arlington STEM Ph.D. program
- Have a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a Ph.D. degree
- Have a satisfactory GPA