The purpose of the (MT)2 Fellows program is to provide financial and academic support to talented mathematics students with financial need, focusing especially on women, under-represented minorities, and first-generation college students. Each year two (MT)2 Fellows are awarded.
As a (MT)2 Fellow, you will receive:
- An annual stipend of up to $15,000 (PhD) and $10,000 (MA) for your first two years in our program (with the possibility of renewal)
- A full tuition waiver
- Travel stipend of $500 each year to attend a mathematics conference
- Enhanced support services, including faculty and graduate student mentors, and the opportunity to serve as a mentor to undergraduate Scholars in our program.
- Continued support as a Teaching Assistant for the remainder of your program as long as you continue to make satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Your responsibilities will include:
- One semester of teaching per year for your two years as a Fellow
- Participation in a bi-weekly seminar for (MT)2 Scholars and Fellows
- Participation in a 3-credit research course in your second semester in the program
(MT)2 Fellows must,
- Be U.S. citizens, permanent residents or legal refugees.
- Be enrolled as full-time students in either the MA or Ph.D. program in the mathematical sciences.
- Demonstrate financial need according to the FAFSA.
Fellows must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 in the major and be in good standing at the University. Fellows may lose eligibility if they do not maintain the minimum GPA or status as a full time student in a mathematics degree program.
- Submit an application to the graduate program in the Mathematical Sciences,
- Submit a FAFSA to demonstrate financial need,
- Submit the online (MT)2 Scholars Application Form.
Learn more at http://cas.umt.edu/mtsquared/graduate.php