The Eastern North American Region (ENAR) of the International Biometric Society will be hosting the 2021 Fostering Diversity in Biostatistics Virtual Workshop. The workshop will focus on connecting underrepresented minority students interested in biostatistics with professional (bio)statisticians in academia, government and industry.
Dates: March 13 and March 14
Saturday: 3/13/21 Times: 11:00am-2pm EST
Sunday: 3/14/21 Times: 11:00am-2:45pm EST
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Adrian Coles
Senior Research Scientist
Eli Lilly and Company
The workshop will feature:
• Hands-on computing activities for high school and undergraduate students.
• Roundtable discussions for professionals focusing on supporting, recruiting, and retaining students.
• Panel discussions between students and professionals focusing on career opportunities and mentoring.
• Panel discussions between undergraduate students and graduate students focusing on preparing for a graduate degree in biostatistics.
• An interactive virtual networking expo among undergraduates and graduate students and representatives from schools offering MS and PhD degrees in Biostatistics.
• An interactive virtual networking expo among undergraduates and graduate students and representatives regarding summer programs and job opportunities.
Register here: https://www.enar.org/meetings/FosteringDiversity/
To learn more, please contact the workshop co-chairs:
Felicia Simpson, PhD
Department of Mathematics
Winston-Salem State University
Phone: (336) 750-2489
Loni Phillip Tabb, PhD
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Phone: (267) 359-6217