Department of Mathematics at California State University, Fresno welcomes
qualified applicants to apply for a tenure track position at the rank of
Assistant Professor in Mathematics Education, beginning August 17, 2020. Salary
will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
* Earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in Mathematics Education or closely-related disciplines from an accredited institution and a master’s degree or extensive coursework in Mathematics.
* ABD candidates may be considered; however, doctorate must be completed by August 1, 2020.
* Demonstrated potential for effectiveness and excellence in university teaching
* Demonstrated potential for published scholarship in mathematics education
* Demonstrated commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
The details of the position, including Required and Preferred Qualifications and Duties, can be found at https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000504131-01 .
DEADLINE: Review of applications to begin November 1, 2019. Position open
With a commitment to the highest standards of teaching, the Department of Mathematics at Fresno State serves the University and the community by providing mathematics education to mathematics, science, and engineering majors; and to liberal studies majors, the overwhelming majority of whom are pre-service elementary school teachers that go on to serve and address the needs of students in our diverse local valley.
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students’ intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all.