Full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor to teach courses in Statistics or Data Science in the Mathematics Department. Requires an earned doctorate in a mathematical discipline related to Statistics or Data Science. Only those with backgrounds in Data Science or Statistics will be considered. Preference will be given to those who show evidence of excellence in teaching.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a standard workload of 24 credit hours per academic year (typically three-four courses per semester), including service courses and upper-level courses. Additional opportunities to teach summer, winter term, online, and undergraduate and graduate evening courses are available.
- Prepare for the assigned classroom and/or laboratory instruction.
- Participate in the development of new courses and curriculum related to statistics or data science, as well as mathematics.
- Provide student assistance including academic advising.
- Participate in the curriculum review and development, program reviews and student outcomes assessment.
- Contribute to the university by participating in committee meetings and university functions, including commencement and convocation.
- Participate in continuing scholarship and professional activities, which include contribution to the content of the discipline (including research with undergraduates) and participation in or contribution to professional organizations and societies.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics or related field required by June 30, 2020.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Teaching experience required.
- Evidence of scholarly/creative activity.
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
- Ability to work in an environment of shared responsibility and clear effective communication within and amongst departments
- Ability to perform research that will engage undergraduate students.
- Ability to perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Fitchburg State University is committed to diversifying its workforce. The university is interested in candidates that have varied, diverse experiences and are eligible to work in the United States. Fitchburg State University supports employment sponsorship for qualified candidates.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our jobsite at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu