GRAD-Future Workshop at NCSU
June 8-9, 2023
The NC State Department of Statistics GRAD-Future Workshop is a two-day all-expenses paid workshop for rising juniors and seniors who are interested in learning more about graduate study in Statistics or Data Science and who are committed to working toward social justice, diversity, equity and inclusion.
The goal of this workshop is to give undergraduate students an insider's perspective on what graduate school life is like, how to choose a program and prepare yourself for it, and what to expect and what is expected of graduate students in Statistics and related fields. Participants will meet with current graduate students, alumni and faculty to hear their perspectives. The workshop will be especially useful for students from populations typically underrepresented in STEM graduate school programs.
- Why go to graduate school?
- What types of programs are there and how do they differ?
- How to prepare? What coursework and research experiences are important?
- How to fund graduate studies?
- How to find a good match?
Selection Criteria: Those who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals with the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice.
- Rising junior or senior interested in graduate study in Statistics or Data Science
- Demonstrated potential for acceptance into graduate school
Application deadline: January 15, 2023
We look forward to receiving your application.