Assistant Professor, Mathematics (pure or applied) or Mathematics Education at San Francisco State University
San Francisco State University, Posted: October 29, 2023
San Francisco State University, Department of Mathematics offers an exciting opportunity for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Mathematics (pure or applied) or Mathematics Education beginning August 7, 2024. We seek a colleague whose research and teaching interests include any field in mathematics, applied mathematics, mathematics education or related field. Every potential applicant who may have doubts about their eligibility is encouraged to apply. We are especially interested in qualified candidates with a demonstrated commitment -- through their research, teaching, and service -- to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
We are seeking applicants with experience in and/or demonstrated commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of underrepresented groups. This is part of a cohort hire focused on Black and Latinx/e student success. We are looking for teacher/scholars who have an established commitment to teaching, research and/or service in and with the Black and Latinx/e community. Candidates for this position are expected to satisfy two or more of the eight Black and Latinx/e Student Success Cohort Hire criteria:
1. Training in and knowledge of historical and present-day structural racism, and practice that engages that knowledge (practice may include teaching, research, and/or service).
2. Demonstrated knowledge of challenges and barriers for Black and Latinx/e students, and evidence of strategies employed to help students overcome such barriers.
3. Evidence of employing anti-racist teaching strategies that support the learning and success of Black and Latinx students.
4. Mentors and engages Black and Latinx/e students in research, scholarship, and creative activities.
5. Evidence of research that contributes to equity, opportunities, and inclusion in higher
6. Evidence of research that integrates understanding of and/or engages Black and Latinx/e communities’ challenges and structural realities.
7. Evidence of engaging in service to Black and Latinx/e populations within the discipline.
8. Evidence of service and contributions to Black and Latinx/e communities.
Deadline to apply: Sunday December 10, 2023
More information about the position here: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/sf/en-us/job/532589/assistant-professor-mathematics-pure-or-applied-or-mathematics-education