We are pleased to announce that the NSF-funded Aspire Alliance’s IAspire Leadership Academy is accepting applications for the third cohort of fellows. The program’s purpose is to elevate the preparedness of academic leaders from underrepresented groups so they can aspire to and succeed in more senior leadership roles. This program offers fellowships to individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups currently in formal or non-formal leadership roles in STEM higher education at both two and four-year institutions. We hope you’ll share this opportunity with faculty who have participated in Math Alliance programs and activities.
IAspire Leadership Fellows will gain critical leadership skills across numerous competencies. They will have opportunities to learn how to lead more effectively in increasingly complex environments and build confidence to influence institutional transformation either in their current position or as they rise to other positions of leadership. The program fee for fellows (valued at $10,000) is reduced to $7,500 with the remainder covered by the NSF INCLUDES Grant.
The Program at a Glance
This program is structured in two phases. The first phase is a 12-month immersive leadership experience includes:
- Three 1-week on-site sessions
- Virtual small group learning sessions held monthly
- Training on and exposure to self-assessment, team leadership skills development, organizational dynamics, and leading change
- Connection to a diverse peer network
- Formal Self and 360o assessments
- Leadership skills application through an institutional action project
- Supported mentoring/coaching with a senior leader of the participant’s choice
- Development and planning of an institutional action project to apply leadership skills obtained in the program
The second phase is an in-residence component where Fellows will be focused on applying learned leadership skills through the implementation of their unique action project at their institution and receiving support from their peers.
The deadline for applications to join the second cohort of fellows is Friday, April 16, 2021.
We are asking you to bring this opportunity to the attention of underrepresented faculty or other leaders who might be interested and to campus administrators who are in a position to serve as Fellow sponsors. For resources to share this opportunity with your networks, please check out our IAspire Newsletter and Social Media Toolkit.
More Information and How to Apply