The Eastern North American Region (ENAR) of the International Biometric
Society will be hosting the 2020 Fostering Diversity in Biostatistics
Workshop. The workshop will focus on connecting underrepresented
minority students interested in biostatistics with professional (bio)statisticians
in academia, government and industry.
Sunday, March 22, 2020
JW Marriott Nashville
201 8th Ave S,
Nashville, TN 37203
The workshop will feature:
• Hands-on computing activities for high school and undergraduate students.
• Roundtable discussions for students focusing on preparing for a graduate degree in
biostatistics and transitioning to the career market.
• Roundtable discussions for professionals focusing on supporting, recruiting,
and retaining students.
• Panel discussions between students and professionals focusing on career
opportunities and mentoring.
• An interactive networking fair among undergraduates and graduate students and
representatives from schools offering MS and PhD degrees in Biostatistics.
Registration will open September 2019: https://www.enar.org/meetings/FosteringDiversity/
Lunch will be provided for all registered participants. Travel compensation is available. Registration is required for consideration.
To learn more, please contact the workshop co-chairs:
Felicia Simpson, PhD
Department of Mathematics
Winston-Salem State University
Phone: (336) 750-2489
Loni Phillip Tabb, PhD
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Phone: (267) 359-6217